Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Turning the corner

After jumping through all the hoops from the medical rideshare company switch, the tiny chip in the windshield failed the safety inspection, and I had to scrape together $500 to get it replaced. I was just given my driving privileges back this afternoon. I work retail tomorrow, so I guess I'll only have one day of rideshare this week (unless I change my mind about driving drunk people around on NYE - I'd much rather be safe in my apartment playing Dance Central).

I'm working out again. I only smoked three times last week. Yesterday I pulled out the old Xbox 360 version of DC and played until I was almost late for class. It felt good to sweat. It felt good to know the moves. I felt confident again for a while. It's coming back gradually.

I spent Christmas morning alone in my apartment crying to old Christmas carols. After lunch I smoked and scratched off some holiday lottery tickets. Then, I set up the karaoke components that have been sitting unused for weeks on my entertainment system and butchered my favorite songs until I was hoarse. I needed something ridiculous to balance things out. I think it worked.

No comments: